The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- Cyborg: Way to go, Troqie!
Starfire: (gasps) You do not call me that!
Cyborg: But Val-Yor calls you Troq all the time.
Starfire: That does not make it right.
Cyborg: What's up? I thought you said it didn't mean anything.
Starfire: No. I said it means "nothing". When Val-Yor calls me "Troq", he is saying that I am worthless, a nothing.
Starfire: There are those on other planets who feel Tamaraneans are inferior. Troq is what they call us.
Cyborg: So he's calling you a terrible name. And you know that if you punch him out, it'll just confirm all the bad stuff he thinks about you?
Starfire: Yes. You know what it feels like to be judged simply because of how you look?
Cyborg: Of course I do. I'm part robot.
- Robin: (After Cyborg tells him about Val-Yor calling Starfire a Troq) Starfire, why didn't you say something? He will apologize. I'm going to make...
Starfire: No, Robin. Our mission is more important than my feelings.
- Val-Yor: Well, thank you for all your help.
Robin: Don't thank us, thank Starfire.
Beast Boy: Yeah, she's the one who saved your sorry butt. (Val-Yor looks at Starfire who has a sad look on her face)
Val-Yor: Thank you, Starfire. I have to admit you're not bad for a Tr- (Stops for a second) Tamaranean. You must be one of the good ones.
Starfire: No. The fact that I rescued you does not make me any better than other Tamaraneans.
Val-Yor: Look, I'm trying to pay you a compliment.
Raven: Then why does it still sound like an insult?
Val-Yor: Spike, you understand. I didn't mean anything by it. It's just...
Robin: Val-Yor, I think it's time for you to go.
Val-Yor: I thought you earthlings were alright. I guess I was wrong. You're just like the Troqs. (turns and leaves)
- Robin: I'm sorry Val-Yor treated you like that. If I'd known, I'd never would've let it happen.
Cyborg: None of us would.
Starfire: There is nothing you could've done. There will always be people who say mean words because you are different. And sometimes their minds cannot be changed. But there are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. Those are the people whose words truly matter.
- Val-Yor: Raven, Beast Boy, man the blasters!
Beast Boy: Cool!
Raven: (glaring at Beast Boy) Can I get to blast whoever I want?
- Val-Yor: Guard the ship, Troq.
Starfire: No! I am going with you!
Val-Yor: I gave you an order!
Starfire: I don't take orders from you! If my friends go into danger, so do I. Besides, my people can withstand hostile conditions.
- Starfire: (while rescuing Val-Yor) Take my hand!!!
Val-Yor: Keep your filthy hands off me, Troq!!
Starfire: You may not value my life, but I still value yours! (pulls Val-Yor out)
- Starfire: I wish to apologize. I didn't mean to endanger you ship. I was only trying to help.
Val-Yor: I don't need any help from a stupid Troq. (Starfire gasps in shock upon being called that)
- Beast Boy:(With puppy eyes) So, do you think I could fly this baby sometime?
Val-Yor:(Has an 'uhhh' look on his face)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.