The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- Slade: (in video footage) It has begun.
- Robin: Freeze! (Beast Boy pauses the video) Rewind.
- Beast Boy: Dude, we've been looking at this thing all day. I'm telling you there's nothing else there.
- Robin: There has to be. Play it again.
- Beast Boy: (sighs) Slade kicks butt, take 304.
- Robin: Cyborg, anything?
- Cyborg: I cross-matched that symbol with every database on the planet.
- Robin: And?
- Cyborg: Nothing. Whatever it is, it's not from Earth.
- Robin: New powers? Cryptic threats? Targeting Raven? Slade's playing a whole new game now. And this symbol is the key. We will find out what it means.
- Raven: Leave my friends out of this!
Slade: I didn't bring them into this. You did.
- Slade: (Points to the mark on his forehead) You want to know about this, don't you? How many sleepless nights have you spent trying to unravel its secrets? Well, let me put your mind at ease: it's called the Mark of Scath, and it's about to become very popular.
- Raven's Skeletons: The gem was born of evil's fire. The gem shall be his portal. He comes to claim, he comes to sire. The end of all things mortal.
- Raven: (Sees her mother in a tower and flies up to her) Arella! No wait! I've come back. Mother, please help me.
- Arella: You always had a home here my child, but help we could not give.
- Raven: (Pulls out her book) The prophecy. It's happening. You have to tell me how to stop it.
- Arella: Nothing could be done. The promise of your birth was absolute.
- Raven: I don't believe you! There has to be a way! I don't want to be this. I don't want to help him. Mother, I'm afraid.
- Arella: You forever had the love of your people Raven. Even knowing what you would become and what that would bring. It is too late for Earth, just as it was too late for Azarath.
- Raven: (the doves fly away only to reveal that Azarath has already been destroyed by Trigon and her "home" she visited was only an illusion. Raven was horrified at all of what has happened) No! (she then hears Trigon laughing evilly at her destroyed home)
- Slade: Struggling only makes it worse. And how I hate to see you suffer. This won't hurt a bit. (prepares to kill the four Titans)
Raven: Wanna bet? (crushes Slade with a large chunk of stone) I told you to LEAVE THEM OUT OF THIS.
Slade: How sweet, you've come back to save your friends. But you're only delaying their pain, and yours.
Raven: Well, what are you waiting for? Aren't you going to attack? Reduce me to ashes? Or did your master forbid you from hurting me? Did he order you to keep his gem safe?
Cyborg: (confused) So Raven has the gem?
Robin: No. Raven is the gem.
Slade: I'll be sure to give him your regards. (begins to slip away)
Raven: I'm not finished yet! (drags Slade back up) This time, I have a message for you. (begins to attack Slade mercilessly) You tell him that he'll have to destroy me before I help him!
Slade: You can tell him yourself. The hour is near. (Raven continues to attack Slade ruthlessly)
Raven: I'm not afraid of you anymore!
Slade: You may not fear me, but look who's afraid of you. (Raven looks back at her friends, then her expression changes to worried)
Beast Boy: (the other Titans looking at Raven in shock and disbelief) Raven? (Raven, unsure of what to say, simply looks down)
- Raven: The ancient order used the name "Scath" to protect the true identity of their master. We know him as Trigon.
Cyborg: Are you serious? That's who we're up against? Oh, man!
Starfire: His cruelty is legendary, even on my world.
Beast Boy: So, what makes you go all glowy in the dark?
Raven: It's a warning. It means Trigon is coming, and the way he gets here is through me. I'm not just a person. I'm a portal.
Robin: But, Raven, why you?
Raven: Because...Trigon...is my father. (the Titans look at her in shock and disbelief) Bad things are gonna happen soon. Really bad things and it's all gonna be my fault. I thought I could handle this alone. I tried but I was wrong.
Starfire: For confiding in us, we are most humbled.
Cyborg: I only have one question: How do we stop him?
Raven: We don't.
Beast Boy: But that doesn't mean we still can't try. (Beast Boy puts his arm around Raven, and the five Titans look out the window to be greeted by sunrise)
- Slade: 'You know... I really love working for someone else. It allows me to be a little more hands on. '*Firing blasts of demonic fire at the Titans*
- Slade: (Slade is jumping through the debris) Tick-tock, Raven. Time is running out.
Raven: I'm not afraid of you!
Slade: (shows up behind her) Silly girl, I'm not the one to be afraid of. You know that.
Trigon: (fire pillars encircle around Raven) What you have concealed you shall become!
Raven: (seperates the fire with her powers) It's a lie! I won't let this happen! I'll find a way!
Slade: (Slade shows himself through the fire) Your optimism is really adorable, but you're forgetting one thing, Raven. (shows the city destroyed, the Titans Tower in ruins, and the townspeople along with her friends turned to stone) This is what you were born to do. You were sent here to destroy the Earth.
Trigon: Your destiny will be fulfilled! The portal must be opened! (thunder claps and Raven wakes up from her meditation in fear)
- Raven: (looking through her books) It's my destiny! There has to be a way to change it! I know there is! I just need a little help finding it. (continues to look through her books until she finds the symbol in one of them. She gasps in horror) No! This has to be wrong!
Robin: (knocks on her door) Uh, any luck finding the symbol?
Raven: (hides her book with the symbol on it under her bed) No, it's not in any of my books.
Robin: (opens her door) Are you ok, Raven? You look a little, well, paler.
Raven: It's nothing. I just haven't been able to meditate lately. That's all.
Robin: Look, I know Slade scared you, but we'll find out why he was after you.
Raven: Slade doesn't concern me. (the alarm goes off)
Starfire: Friends, come quickly! (Robin rushes off while Raven follows him)
- Raven: You might be able to stop me from meditating, but you can't stop me from leaving! Azarath Metrion Zinthos...Carazon Rakashas Enderez...Vaserix Endrien Azarath...Azarath, AZARATH!
- Slade: The prophecy has been revealed. The portal has accepted her fate. Trigon: You served me well, Slade. Continue to please me and I shall honor our deal. I shall return what you have lost. Slade: I am depending on it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.