This page's transcript is incomplete for the following reason(s):
[incomplete & unfixed/messed]
Remove this template once any and all issues are resolved.
("Little Golden Book Land Theme Song" theme song plays)
- Chorus: We wanna' go where the golden sun is shining, and everybody's smiling, in Little Golden Book Land. We wanna' go where there's so much fun for sharing, and everybody's caring, in Little Golden Book Land. Turn the page and join us, and all our happy friends. We'll be having tons of fun, the kind that never ends! We wanna' go where the golden sun is shining, and everybody's smiling, in Little Golden Book Land. We wanna' go where there's so much fun for sharing, and everybody's caring, in Little Golden Book Land.
(The cover to the book Little Golden Book Land. The book opens to a picture of Little Golden Book Land.)
- Beamer the Old Lighthouse *narrating*: This is a story in a magical place called Little Golden Book Land. It was once a time when this wonderful place in grave danger and then it was that a special group of friends decided to do something about it and set out on an adventure that none of them will ever forget.
(At Harbortown, Scuffy sails when he notices Beamer and the big ships and the duck bumps into him.)
- Scuffy: Gosh! I wonder what's going on. (steams to Beamer)
- Big Ship 1: But, Beamer. If your light gets washed out, we won't be able to get in and out of the harbor!
- Big Ship 2: What's worse, Harbortown will be FLOOOODED!
(The wave crashes on Beamer and a brick falls off)
- Beamer: Yikes! I'm afraid you're right.
- Scuffy: (arrives) Excuse me, excuse me, coming through! What's the matter, Beamer?
- Beamer: Hi, Scuffy. See that big gap in the breakwater from the last storm? (Scuffy looks at a hole in the breakwater with a waves crashing into it) There's a new storm coming and if that hole isn't fixed, Little Golden Book Land will be all washed up.
- Scuffy: (confident) No problem. I fix it!
- Big Ships: You?! (all laughing)
- Scuffy: Yeah, me! (Gets caught in a wave)
- Big Ship 3: Yeah, sure!
- Beamer: (annoyed) Come on now. Give the lad a break. (Scuffy steams away from the laughing ships) Thanks Scuffy for offering to help.
- Scuffy: You're welcome, Beamer! Don't worry! I'll be back! (whistles) I'll show those big boats!
(Shift to: the station Tootle and Katy Caboose were waiting. Tootle looks at the butterfly. Katy bumps into him)
- Katy: Tootle, where's Poky?
- Tootle: Right again, Katy. (blows his whistle impatiently. Poky comes out behind a tree)
- Poky: (pants) Uh-oh! I'm late! (runs to Tootle's train) Sorry!
- Shy Little Kitten: Come on, Poky. Scuffy's waiting at the harbor.
- Scuffy: Wrong, Shy Little Kitten! It's an emergency! There's a big storm coming tonight and we have a big problem! We have to fix that big hole in the breakwater or Little Golden Book Land will be in big trouble!
- Katy: Poor little guy. He sure talks big!
- Tootle: Every time we listen you, Scuffy. We're the ones that end up in big trouble!
- Poky: Yeah, so are we going to fix that big hole anyway?
- Tootle: We could throw logs from my firewood car!
- Scuffy: Nah, they just float away.
- Shy Little Kitten: We could fill up a sand.
- Scuffy: But the waves will just wash that sand and again. No, we need something big!
- Katy: Honesty, Scuffy. Sometimes, I think you have rocks in your head.
- Scuffy: Rocks! That's it! We need a rock! A big rock to plug the hole in the breakwater and I know just the place to find one. (Everyone looks at the mountain)
- Together: Cavetown!
(Tootle looks nervously at Cavetown until Katy bumps into him to start)
- Katy: Come on! I heard about a shortcut through Jolly Jungle!