The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Dr. Light: No one defeats Dr. Light! No one!
Raven: Remember me?
Dr. Light (obviously mortified): ...I'd like to go to jail now please...
- Slade: (emerges from the ground) The day has begun.
- Everyone: SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!
- Raven: (screams and hides)
- Cyborg: Uhh....Raven?
- Starfire: It is merely us. Your friends with warm wishes for the day of your birth.
- Robin: I told you a surprise party was a bad idea.
- Raven: (sneaks up behind Beast Boy, scaring him) How did you know it was my birthday?
- Beast Boy: Umm... Remember last night how you made that big deal about tomorrow? Well, we started wondering what tomorrow was, so we did some snooping. (everyone glares at Beast Boy) Ok, I did some snooping and I sort of found a restricted file in the off-limits area of the Titans computer. It kinda had your birthday on it. (a flashback of Beast Boy snooping on the computer comes up)
- Starfire: And we have been preparing your celebration ever since.
- Beast Boy: We've put up tons of decorations.
- Cyborg: I've baked my famous eight-layer cake with three kinds of frosting.
- Starfire: And I have assembled for you a traditional Tamaranean Throknarr. The crown of meat!
- Robin: I hope this is ok. We just....
- Raven: No, it's not! Look, I really appreciate what you're trying to do here, but I'm not interested.
- Starfire: But there will be music, and the iced-cream. And the strange game involving pins in the behind of a donkey.
- Cyborg: We got a pinata shaped like Beast Boy! You know you wanna smack it.
- Raven: I said 'No!'
- Beast Boy: Come on, Raven! I know you hate fun, but it's your birthday. It's special. You can't let this day end without....
- Raven: (angry) NO!!!!!! (destroys the decorations, the food, the games, and the presents and leaves. With the party destroyed, the Titans just stand there sad and confused)
- Beast Boy: I told you a surprise party was a bad idea.
- Robin: Give it a rest. (goes out to talk to Raven) Raven, what's wrong?
- Raven: I just don't like parties.
- Robin: It's more than that. I can tell. We have a bond, remember? You've been inside my mind. Let me inside yours.
- Raven: Robin, you know me better than anyone. You should know there are places in my mind where you can't go. Where no one should ever go.
- Robin: I'm willing to try if you...
- Raven: You can't.
- Robin: Tell me what's going on.
- Raven: Just trust me. If you knew anything about the day of my birth, you know there's nothing to celebrate. (walks to her room)
- Raven: (Scared of seeing her friends in danger, she screams and her powers stops time) STOP!!!!!!!!!!!
- Raven: I just want this day to end!
Slade: I think we both know this day is far from over. Hello, birthday girl. Ready for your present?
- Robin: You're here with friends. It's over.
Raven: No... (Looks at the marks on her hands) This is just the beginning.
- Slade: The first task is complete... master. The message has been sent. The inscriptions are in place, she knows what she must do. The prophecy will be fulfilled.
Trigon: (Voice) Then the world of mortals shall soon be ended.
- Slade: It's been a long time, hasn't it, Titans? A month? A year? A millennium? Far too long for my tastes, anyway. I was beginning to think I'd never see your smiling faces again.
- Raven: (scared, she looks around and and wonders how she stopped time) How did I... Slade: You might be able to stop time birthday girl but you can't stop me, you can't stop any of it really. I have to say, Raven, when I found out the truth I was very impressed. All this time I had no idea, the power lurking inside you, the glorious destiny that awaits. It's always the quiet ones, isn't it? But honestly, did you think you could just blow out the candles and wish it all away? Today is the day it begins. You've known this all your life, it is going to happen and no matter what you wish, no matter where you go, no matter how you squirm, there is nothing you can do to stop it.
- Cyborg: Woah!
Slade: Woah? That's it? No clever comment? I was looking forward to that.
- Slade: I have a message for you and I will deliver it whether you like or not. The skies will burn! Flesh will become stone! The sun will set on your world, never to rise again!
- Robin: What is going on? Why is Slade back? Where did he get those powers? How did you stop time? Raven: I'm not sure. I never wanted this day to come. And when it did, I just wanted it to stop. I guess I got my wish. Robin: What is happening? Raven: It's my birthday.
- Raven: (Looks impatienly at her alarm clock) Can't this thing go any faster!?! Oh, I just want this day to be over! Relax. Only a few hours to go. It might not even happen. Focus. Meditate. It'll be midnight before you know it. Azarath Metrion Zinthos. Azarath Metrion Zinthos. Azarath...(Suddenly, Raven begins to cough and grabs her neck. Her room goes up in flames and she hears a big booming voice) Trigon: (Voice) What you have concealed you shall become. You have no other choice. Your destiny will be fulfilled. (Raven's alarm clock goes up in flames and the fire forms a huge letter S in front of Raven's door) The portal must be opened! Raven: (Shocked at what she is hearing, Raven screams in horror as the flames in her room disappears) NO!!!!!!! (becomes exhausted with fear but calms down a bit. Robin knocks on her bedroom door and she answers) Robin: I heard you scream. (before Raven can tell the reason why she screamed the alarm goes off) Raven: Trouble.
- Beast Boy: (makes kitten face) Umm..... Surprise? Cyborg: Look, we know you didn't wanna party. But after today.... Starfire: We hoped that you might reconsider. Beast Boy: You may not like your birthday, but we're all glad you were born. (Silence) Raven: We're going to need ice cream. Beast Boy: Coming right up! Cyborg: I'll cut the cake! Starfire: And I shall fetch the Throknarr! Robin: You sure you're ok? Raven: I will be. Robin: What you told me about your destiny. That something bad was suppose to happen. I guess it did. I'm sorry I couldn't stop it. Raven: No one could. Robin: We will find Slade. We'll figure out how he did what he did and why he was after you. But right now, you're safe. You're here with friends. It's over. Raven: (symbols on her hands appear) No, this was just the beginning.
- Raven: (After escaping Slade and taking refudge in a cathedral, Robin collapsed on the floor and Raven holds him in her arms) I shouldn't have dragged you into this. Any of you and now you're in. And you need to know. I need to tell you. When I was born, they looked into my future. On this day, the anniversary of my birth, something is supposed to happen. Something very bad. That's why I didn't want to celebrate. But just because you don't have a party doesn't mean it's not your birthday. (Slade walks around the church to find Raven and Robin) Robin: (Regains consciousness) The symbol on his forehead. What does it mean? Slade:(But before Raven could answer, Slade bursts into the cathedral. He manages to knock out Robin and knock Raven to the ground. As Raven gets up, she turns to see Slade kneeling in front of her) It's just you and me now, kid.
- Raven: (Seeing the future of the prophecy) No! Slade: Yes. Look at it. Drink it in. Behold to world you are destined to create. (Just then, a silhouette of Raven's evil demonic father, Trigon, appears and roars) Raven: No! I won't do it! This is just a vision! This can't be real! Slade: (Slade grabs her arms and leans his head on her shoulder) This is the future. Your future. It began the day you were born and nothing can stop it. This will come to pass. I will make sure of it. You're going to destroy the world, Raven. It's written all over your face. Raven: (Scared and horrified at all of this lets out a devasted scream) NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (As Raven screams, a form of a raven appears and disappears, ending the vision, and returning time back to normal. Raven becomes unconscious and the symbols all over her body disappears) Slade: (lets go of Raven while she is unconscious and she falls from the building) We'll be in touch. Oh, and Happy Birthday.
- Robin: (After Robin saves Raven from falling to her death, she regains consciouness and Robin smiles at her) Let's go home.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.